This is a quick fire blog that will enable you to create a custom list with code in Visual Studio
I am trying to document the whole life cycle of creating and developing everyday tasks via code within SharePoint, this blog we will go step by step on creating a list via code in visual studio.
- Right click on the feature and add feature > Make it web Scoped > and then right click the feature and rename it to something meaningful
- Right click on the feature and then add Event Receiver
- In the event receiver uncomment the FeatureActivated and the FeatureDeactivating methods and you can remove the rest
- inside the FeatureActivated add the following code or something that makes more sense to the environment you are in.
- Go to the properties of the project and the SharePoint Tab under active Deployment Configuration select No Activation (this means that you will need to activate the feature manually).